Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day and a Marble Cake Quilt

These are the beautiful roses my husband gave me for Mother's Day! I am one lucky Mummy! We had a lovely picnic with the boys and Sam's girlfriend Emma. We went down to Scarborough beach.... My Mum's favourite spot to go when she was still with us. In fact we scattered her ashes there, so I always feel even closer to her when we visit this beach. We had some lovely seafood and a bottle of bubbly. We finished off with some scrumptious cake! A blissful day!

I went home and finished the binding on this new quilt. I have called it Marble Cake. It reminded me of the swirly layers of colour inside a yummy marble cake. I have used a layer cake from the fabric range 'Central Park' by Kate Spain. I think I will do another one in some tropical Batiks I am adoring at the moment.
We are heading off to Toowoomba on a sewing retreat this weekend with 38 lovely ladies. I can not wait. I have my projects cut and packed ready to go.
The winter woolies are also packed as it seems to be getting cooler this week already. Brrrr, out with scarves and coat.

3 comments:

Marg said...

I really like this quilt. Looks like it would be a great stash buster. Is it all in the cutting. I made one called sweet and sassy and it was a little like this but with smaller blocks. This looks to have some curves - or is that an illusion. .

Liisa said...

Hi Marg,
thanks, it is all in the cutting. They are freeform curves, but gentle ones that are easy to sew back together!
Liisa

Michelle said...

Your roses certainly are gorgeous Liisa! ...and still loving that quilt! xx