Monday, August 16, 2010

More new books arrive

I have had a great weekend! Mark had been away for 10 days in NZ for work and when he returned we went to the Brisbane Ekka, the first time in our marriage we have gone without the kids, they were 'over it Mum'! We wandered the foodie stalls and tasted the wines and cheeses and just plain dawdled about. It was great! We checked at the fashion parade and wandered down sideshow alley.... We stuck out heads into the show bag pavilion but did a quick reverse, so much rubbish in there! I was keen to stay for the fireworks but the temperature was dropping fast and it was pretty windy too so I opted for the leisurely trip home on the train.
We then went out for brunch to Emporium on Sunday morning and it was very civilized! We stopped for some retail therapy on the way to the airport at DFO and then Mark left for Perth! It was a busy few days and i did not get any sewing done at all, but sometimes life is like that! Though today I am busy stitching my Advent Angels BOM sample, We are having a stall at the Samford Quilters Quilt show which is on the last weekend in August and I am trying to finish the top at least by then...
New stock of the Hootie Hoo Family pattern has arrived for those of you waiting on it.
Sorry, there are no pics today as I am having trouble uploading them today! Silly blogger won't play nice!

Well I hope you all have a great week,
Cheers,
Liisa

No comments: